Thursday, January 28, 2010

Zoo

Yesterday was free day at the zoo. During the winter months the Hogle Zoo does free zoo day on the last Wednesday of every month. We were a little nervous about the weather, but it ended up not being too cold and a lot of the exhibits were inside. I hadn't been to the zoo in probably 14 years or so, so I was really excited to go. We went with my mom, Layne, Emily and the Aulai kids. I was so glad they could come because Logan loves them so much! It was a pretty enjoyable day. Logan had some troubles with other kids that we didn't know. If they got in his personal space, he would push them. I am not sure where he learned this and why he is doing it. Hopefully it is just a little phase. My favorite of course was the giraffe and I think that was Logan's too because we could get right up next to them. There was one giraffe who was literally a foot away. I can't wait to go in the summer when Logan is a little older and all of the animals will be there.

All the kids after the ape house.


Eating lunch. However, for Logan it is more like looking at the food but not eating it.


4 of the kids in the giraffe house.


Logan and I finally getting a picture with the giraffes. Its amazing to me that parents see someone taking a picture and don't stop their kids from getting in it!


Logan looking at the porcupine.


All of the kids in a random boat at the zoo.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Where the heck is that boat? I've never seen it before.

We love doing the free Zoo days in the fall and winter. On the nice days more of the animals are out because it's so much cooler than the summer.

And I cannot believe there is still snow up there. My family went the last week in Feb. last year and it was balmy. We didn't even wear jackets.

Glad you had fun!

Leslie said...

I'm so sad that Annie and I couldn't go but we we're very happy we could be there when Sam got his award. Maybe next month.

Rachel W. said...

That looks like so much fun especially cuz it was free!! Let me know if you guys ever go we still haven't ever been. It was good to see you guys the other day!!

Unknown said...

So glad you guys had fun at the Zoo. Looks so fun. You are so very lucky to have your family so close to you. Who wants to eat lunch when they are at the Zoo?!! :) Anymore coming along?