Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Decorating the Tree

Logan has been begging us for weeks to finally put up our Christmas Tree.  He has really been excited for Christmas this year.  Sunday was finally the day to put it up.  He was so excited.  He said, "I am so excited I don't even know what to do with myself!"  This kid is full of one liners!  Both kids had so much fun decorating.  Logan really got the hang of it this year and knew just where he wanted to hang each ornament.  Brooklyn just held onto one ornament the whole time and pretended she was talking on the phone.  After she got sick of that she just wanted to play with the Finding Nemo ornaments.
 

Each year we get the kids a new ornament and one for the family.  Since we didn't do anything big as a family this year, David got a Notre Dame ornament and I will be getting a New York ornament to represent our trips.  For Logan we got a soccer ornament for his first year of soccer.  We had a hard time finding one for Brooklyn so we got a picture frame that we will put a picture of her and Santa in.
 

And our finished tree.  I absolutely love the feeling in our home when we have our tree up.  And now that our tree is up Elfie (our Elf on the Shelf) has come back to keep an eye on the kids!
 

2 comments:

Hilary said...

I love that Logan is EXTRA excited about all things Christmas this year! Classic Brookie holding onto the one ornament and "talking" on the phone. Your tree looks great!

Emily said...

No clue how I just now noticed you posted! I LOVE Logan's one liners! Your kids are so hecka cute!!!