Thursday, January 29, 2009

Oh the joys of Parenthood


Yesterday morning i woke up to feed Logan. I fed him and he fell back asleep which is pretty common. I lifted him up and burped him and he spit up. Or so i thought it was spit up. It was a lot which was weird and he really doesn't spit up anymore, which was weird. I cleaned it up and brought him up to my bed with me. Well he woke up about an hour later and David got up with him because it was his day off. About two hours later David brought Logan into our room and told me that he had thrown up about five more times in that short period of time. Yep thats right i said throw up.

Now a lot of you probably know that i am terrified of throwing up. It scares me so bad that i am going to throw up. I know its lame but its true. So when David and I were first dating i told him that i would change all of the poopy diapers if he would clean up all of the throw up. Well i definitely do not change all the poopy diapers and it turns out i don't mind cleaning up my baby's throw up. I for sure thought i wouldn't even want to be by him but it is worth it for me to be able to snuggle my baby. I for sure am still totally scared that i am going to get sick though. Its really sad to see him so sick.

He threw up all day. I would say at least 10 times. We figured he would be fine by morning. When he woke up this morning i went and got him out of bed and there was no throw up so i figured yay he is fine. Not more than a minute later he started dryheaving. It was really sad. We then decided that we needed to call the dr. since it had been more than 24 hours. He threw up probably four more times today and then we went to the dr. Logan is not dehydrated so the dr just gave us a prescription for anti nausea and hopefully it will start working cause Logan has not had anything to eat or pretty much drink for two days.

Also i do have to mention one more thing. I have the coolest grandpa ever. My grandpa worked with Mike Leavitt in Washington DC at Health and Human Services. Well Leavitt had to resign because Bush wasn't president anymore. The new Secretary had not been confirmed by the senate yet so they had to appoint and acting Secretary of HHS. They chose my grandpa. Secret service has to pick him up everyday and they take him to work in a black SUV. And we just found out the other day that he is tenth in line to be the President. Tenth!! I think it is so cool that he is in the presidents cabinet even if it is only until Tom Dashel gets confirmed by the Senate.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor Logan! That is not fun. Good for you for cleaning it up. I am impressed. I hope he gets feeling better and that is awesome about your grandpa.

Rachel W. said...

Thats sad about Logan! I hate when they are sick. He sounded really sick though, I hope he is getting better. I hate throw up too its just nasty, I haven't experienced with that yet. That is way cool about your grandpa! I have Abby on my lap and she is looking at the computer and I said there is logan and smiled and started laughing, it was cute!